Since spooky season is upon us, I wanted to share a fun themed tag that I’ve seen floating around the community. Thank you, Literary Weaponry for the inspiration to do my own version of these questions. I’m sure after an entire year, my answers to these questions could change, so I hope you enjoy. I tag anyone who is interested.
Favorite horror or Halloween song?
I Put A Spell On You – from the movie Hocus Pocus for sure. The scene in the movie when Winifred Sanderson sings this song to place a trance on the guests at a Halloween party is such a classic.
2. Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or in an abandoned building.
Have you heard of the story of the black eyed children? I’d run my little ass off if I saw one of them in a dark forest. I don’t know why horror movies make children so scary.
3. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
Do you think I’m stupid? Hell no! Whether it’s fake or not, I’ve heard plenty of stories of things going wrong so no thank you!
4. Favourite horror monster or villain?
I love the idea of vampires. I don’t know where this came from but I love shows like Twilight, Vampire Diaries & True Blood so you see a pattern. I’m trying to think, do we consider the Salvatore brothers villains in a sense because I wouldn’t be mad if Damon knocked on my door.
5. The creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone?
I’m someone who is not naive to the fact there aren’t some forms of ghosts or paranormal out there. I wouldn’t consider my experiences creepy because some are “visitations” or signs from loved ones in my opinion. But I’ve for sure had moments when I was alone in the house hearing the creeks & sounds from outside & getting chills.
6. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?
On one hand, I find those types of videos so interesting. If I did, I’d bring a few people along with me. When someone calls a home haunted, does it mean it simply has old history or are their poltergeists taking up rent?
7. Are you superstitious?
Not really. We had a black cat walk into our front yard before & I just thought it was cute & wanted to bring it inside. And our rehearsal dinner was on Friday the 13th! So no, I’m definitely not superstitious.
8. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
I do think my eyes play tricks on me if that’s what you mean. I’d rather not wonder if a shadow by the corner of my room was anything other than my bathrobe. Ha!
9. Which urban legend scares you the most?
None of them really scare me except those black eyed children. I just think people have great imaginations.
10. Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
I’m one of the only people in my family who didn’t go into the medical field. Does that answer your question? haha!
11. Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds?
Sure! There’s so much we have yet to discover!
12. Ever made a potion of any sort?
Nah, I’m no witch. Except, I do love crystals!
13. Do you get scared easily?
I guess so. I just really hate jump scares, roller coasters, the feeling of falling …..but even though it’s scary, I enjoy watching certain thriller movies this time of year.
14. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?
Yes, at sleepovers as a kid. Nothing really happened though.
15. Do you believe in demons/the devil?
I’m sure there is. But I’d rather not focus on that type of energy.
16. You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
Call the police. But also they shouldn’t mess with me. I may be small but I am mighty.
17. If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose?
If I had to choose, I’d go with The Ring because I’ve seen Scary Movie 3 & I’d just place the TV on a ledge & have her fall. Also, I’m not as afraid of this movie ever since I learned the actress played the girl from the movie Stitch.
18. If you could only wear one halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be?
The dinosaur costume for sure!
19. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
I don’t find them scary. I find graveyards to be more unnecessary now a days…
20. In a zombie apocalypse what is your weapon of choice?
21. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
Why not both? Go trick or treating for a few hours & then go dancing into the night.
22. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
What do you think I’d be?
23. Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep?
Yes, I’ve been known to put on an episode of Spongebob or Friends to go to sleep.
24. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?
Eyes covered saying, “this is such a good movie”
25. Are you the one who gets scared, or the one who does the scaring?
I don’t think scaring people is funny. You could give someone a heart attack.
26. Favorite scary book?
Verity by Colleen Hoover or The Shining by Stephen King
27. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
My earliest memory would be watching The Ring at a sleepover when I was 11. And that movie still gives me nightmares.
28. What was your first Halloween costume?
I was only a few months old & I was a pumpkin
29. What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
I’m not sure. We usually do some form of couple costume if we go out. Last year, we obviously couldn’t do anything. But if we manage to go visit our friends out of state, we may dress up then. TBD….
30. If you could have a spooky halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?
I already have an orange tabby & that’s pretty Halloween to me….